The Head of Ecommerce is an industry-leading e-commerce expert and contributes to manage, grow, and evolve all aspects of Havas Media’s digital retail practice including development of our Ecommerce consulting offer and methodology, and building partnerships with the main local and global Ecommerce.
S/He will lead the whole Ecommerce department in driving revenue and will foster business opportunities with existing or new clients.
In a second step, the Ecommerce Director will have to build and manage a team of Ecommerce experts, grow the Ecommerce expertise within the agency or across the agency, and secure training across expertise.
Scale Operations and Business for Clients/Brands
- Business and Service Building: Responsible for creating client pitches for business acquisition, target and signing up new brands. Convert existing brands by upselling/cross selling new & existing ecommerce services
- Operations and Project Management: Developing joint business strategic plans & marketing plans with brands and channel ecommerce partners. Figure with innovative techniques to be ahead of the competition and develop action plans for achieving and measuring Ecommerce campaign success.
- E-Commerce Strategy: Strategize with brands on business issues, marketing, industry and competitors for scale on ecommerce platforms (Marketplaces or verticals and DTC).
Contribute to the development of the Ecommerce proposition within the Agency
- Contribute to the definition, content and evolution of Havas Ecommerce products and service offer.
- Help to develop the Ecommerce consulting methodology and processes
- Localize the Tech stack to support local initiatives
- Work across units to develop Content, Website development, media, Strategy, Operations for Ecommerce within the agency
- Support the business teams in evaluating and proposing a full spectrum of Ecommerce alliances.
Ecommerce marketing strategies conception and delivery
- Conceive for clients stand-alone or integrated Ecommerce marketing strategies which might span from Consulting and conception of business plans to non-media and media activations.
- Continuously monitor latest developments in the Ecommerce industry and will foresee their implications for clients
- Be involved in client and inter-agency “education” of Ecommerce marketing, and be responsible for preparing and presenting best practices, case studies and examples of e-commerce strategies
- 7 to 12 years' directly related experience in the retail industry
- Extensive understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact online sales
- Proven Track record at a pure player ecommerce agency and/or as Vendor Specialist at a retailer (Amazon or Verticals)
- Experience in Ecommerce negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory, and supply chain management, merchandising and catalogue management, retail Media and retail analytics.
- Data Driven: Ability to compile and analyze online sales data and metrics, provide actionable insights and make decisions regarding direction based on your analysis
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong written communication and presentation skills, proficiency in English required
- Strong knowledge and expertise in industry related matters and ability to service and communicate with a wide range of clients and retail partners
- Solid understanding and insatiable interest of consumer trends in e-Commerce/Retail
- Strong decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project-management and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask with ease
- Ability to take initiative and perform tasks in an efficient and self-sufficient manner
- Experience launching a new business unit, or working in a start-up or early-stage environment where you had to define best practice is a plus